Author: Traci
•6:10 PM
It’s amazing what a few kind words can do to turn your day around. So often we think good thoughts about a person and then do not share those thoughts. Why? It’s one of the few things that is still free and frankly it feels good. It feels good to let someone know that you see them in a good light and it feels amazing to get an honest compliment.

Today my boss forwarded a very kind email about me that someone had sent her. It came from an unlikely source and really made me feel like I had accomplished something. Validation!

Those kind words took my mind off of heavier subjects and it is a welcome break. Think someone is terrific? Tell them. You may be surprised what a difference it can make.
|
This entry was posted on 6:10 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On November 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM , cindysit said...

Here are my words for you...I have no idea how hard you are working to make mine and Kate's schedule/kids work out!! I know you have been busting your bootie and please know I really appreciate it all. I couldn't do it without you and I can't wait to come back knowing you have taken care of it all! When it's your turn to leave on maternity leave-and you will-I hope to be able to return the favor!

 
On November 11, 2009 at 8:08 PM , The Swann's said...

I think you're grrrrrrrreat! {imagine Tony the Tiger} :-)

Glad to hear you got some encouragement at work! That's always wonderful!