Author: Traci
•8:47 PM


I'm feeling sentimental after watching the last episode of  "The Bachelor".  He is a handsome young pilot and I find myself drifting back to when I met my handsome young pilot.  It was all so exciting and romantic.  I lived in Kansas City and he lived in St. Louis.  We met when I was the assistant for the Station Manager at TWA.  He flew into KC about once a week and I made sure I was in the right place at the right time so we would get a chance to talk. 

We took turns flying back and forth to see each other.  It was almost dare I say glamourous to be in my 20's and walk out of my office door, clear security and hop a flight to STL.  I was always so excited when he came to pick me up at the airport.  One night I called him when I got off the plane while I was walking through the crowded terminal.  He said he could see me and was describing what I was wearing, but I couldn't find him.  The guy next to me was laughing because he was seeing the whole thing play out.  I was looking all around and couldn't find him.  When the crowd parted there he stood right in front of me talking to me on the cellphone.

Our weekends where oh so perfect.  We had dinner out on the town, worked out, and snuggled on the couch and watched movies.  It was always hard to leave when I had to go back to work.

I loved going with him on his trips.  Now those where the days - back at TWA.  Layovers were more than 10 hours long.  It was so much fun to fly knowing that my prince was at the controls.

It seems like a lifetime ago.  I certainly could not have predicted where this life would take us, but I always knew that we would go there together.



Then


 And now (well it's the most current picture I have of us together.)
|
This entry was posted on 8:47 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: