Author: Traci
•6:26 PM
If you can read the following sentence and understand it completely, then you are in the trenches with me.
DH and I bd'd on O day because I had EWCM, HSO, and a + OPK.  I will POAS at 12 dpo.

Learning a new language was never one of my goals in life, but it struck me tonight that I am indeed bilingual.  I am a member of an entire community that remains mostly hidden.  We have our own language and common goal.  Rarely do we reveal ourselves to anyone, yet our stories are so similar.  We have probably been in line at the checkout counter together and never knew that the person standing behind us was feeling the exact same emotions.

Struggling with fertility issues is still considered taboo to talk about.  AIDS, Cancer, and Autism all have cool races and fundraisers and public awareness events.  Maybe it's time for the Race for the Rugrats or the Quest to Conceive.  Any funds raised would go to couples who simply want a family, but who cannot do so without medical intervention.  Procedures are outrageously expensive and insurance does not cover them.

Babydust and Sticky Vibes my TTC sisters.
|
This entry was posted on 6:26 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On February 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM , Emily said...

DH and I bd'd on O day because I had EWCM, HSO, and a + OPK. I will POAS at 12 dpo.


easy

My husband and I had sexual intercourse on ovulation day because I had egg white cervical mucus (fertile mucus), a high soft open cervix, and a positive ovulation predictor kit. I will take a pregnancy test aka pee on a stick at 12 days past ovulation.

ugh,, message board speak. you know I think its hillarious on some of these online ask an RE forums where women go into full on message board speak thinking its medical terminology or something and the doctor hasnt a freaking clue what they are on about. lmao.

 
On February 10, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous said...

Traci, I love this post!!! Of course I can read that sentence b/c I'm living it. I'm right there with you!
Amy

 
On June 23, 2010 at 6:03 AM , Amy said...

Amen sister!