Author: Traci
•9:25 PM

When we built our house, deep down I always thought that we would need all 4 bedrooms.  One room in particular captivated me.  The bedroom at the front of the house across from our bedroom was just begging to become a nursery.  I imagined the closet with it's little window would become a fort where my child would spend hours playing.  I used to go in that room every morning before going downstairs and starting my day.  Standing in that room I daydreamed about how I would decorate it.  I poured over PotteryBarn Kids catalogs and fought the urge to by a little girl nursery set and a little boy nursery set just to cover my bases.

At some point I stopped going in that room.  There are days that I just close the door to that room.  In my mind it is just a guest room now.  The pink and blue paint chips have been thrown in a drawer and the catalogs and magazines are stacked in the back of a closet.

Is it time to close the door on this chapter?  I truely don't know.  I'm afraid to take a month off from this trying to conceive business.  If we take a break will it be like taking a semester off from college?  Will that be the end of things?  Each month it gets a little harder to find hope.  I once read a saying that went something like this "When the world says give up, it's hope that whispers in your ear 'try again'".  I don't hear that whisper this month.  Maybe I have closed that door to my heart.
|
This entry was posted on 9:25 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On October 6, 2009 at 6:44 PM , cindysit said...

NOOOOO!! You have to keep trying. You are meant to be a Mom and will be a great one. You haven't even tried an IUI yet. Give it a chance and don't skip any months!! You know I am partial to Dr. W. Call me, I am worried about you!

 
On October 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM , Susan said...

Maybe you can't hear Hope right now, but she is still there! It's a long, hard road but one and I am sure you are exhausted. Keep slogging thru the mud and muck and you will find your way again :-)

 
On October 9, 2009 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous said...

Please don't give up! I'm not! I know we are destined to have our sweet babies together. Keep trying...demand that IUI!! I know this road is long and hard, but I have faith this will work for you. Please don't lose hope.
Denise