Author: Traci
•5:11 PM
When life hands you lemons you make lemonade right? Or do you suck on them and make the pucker face? Well lately it seems I have chosen to make the pucker face. I have not had the fierce willpower needed to push through all of the muck and get on with things.

During the drive home from our great weekend I decided I was going to color my hair. It was time for a change. Yes, that is woman logic at it’s finest. Every fall I get the notion to go brown or even red. This year I finally did it. Jim more or less dared me to. He said that I am pretty conservative when it comes to my hair color. So I marched myself straight out to get a bottle of color – L’Oreal Preference 6AM, Light Amber Brown.

Within 30 minutes I had the change I was looking for. It changed my attitude. Suddenly I am, to quote Tyra Banks, “fierce”. Not on the outside, but on the inside. Usually I am a people pleaser. I think I have been pushed to my breaking point and now I am taking the attitude that I will do what I can do and only what I can do. Fierce.

I will stand firm when life throws lemons at me hands me lemons. Bruises be damned. I am fierce.


|
This entry was posted on 5:11 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On October 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM , cindysit said...

Love the hair and love the new attitude. Hope I stay on your good side!

 
On October 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous said...

Pink's song So What was running thru my head when I wrote that. Jim was so scared he did dishes and is getting ready to vacuum.
T