Author: Traci
•11:22 PM
Jim and I traveled to Illinois this weekend for his cousin's wedding.  When his Father passed away we said that we should all get together under better circumstances and this was just such an occasion.  What a great family.  We laughed and told stories and for an evening I completely forgot about the events of the past year. 

Today I feel so happy.  I loved sitting next to my husband while another VH couple took their vows.  I held Jim's hand and thought - so that's what we said to each other 2 1/2 years ago.  I was in a trance during our vows.  Almost like I was standing beside myself observing the whole thing.  I wish I could have a "do over" for our wedding.  I want to soak in every second of it.  No nerves this time, I would completely get lost in the moment.

I hope that Jim's cousin and his bride made wonderful memories tonight.  The music was perfect and the little ones put on quite a show on the dance floor.  A new branch of the family was formed.  The garter toss was perfection.  I think his cousin missed his calling and should have been an actor - what comedic timing.  When you watch the newlyweds together you get a sense that they will make it, that they are completely comfortable together.  They will navigate their way through for better or worse.  Like I said, it was a great night.

Congratulations to the bride and groom.  May you have a very long and happy life together.
|
This entry was posted on 11:22 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: