Author: Traci
•5:20 PM
We are definately taking this month off from trying to conceive.  It's kind of hard to make a baby when you are not even in the same country!  It was hard to let it go this month, but now that I've had time to get over it, it's actually kind of nice.  Getting to that point was not easy.  I hate clomid to put it mildly and I went and filled a prescription I had that was double the dose of what I had previously taken.  I'm not sure what I was thinking.  I was desperate to not let this month go.  Much to Jim's relief I didn't take it.  I kept looking at the rx bottle and the 2 little pills I woud have to take for 5 days.  I had to laugh when I looked at the pills and thought, one to make me bitchy and the other to give me hotflashes.  I just couldn't do it.  So this cycle is a bust.  No crazy two week wait wondering if it happened this month.  I'm going to try to take off some of the lbs I've packed on this past year.  Stress and hormones have not been kind to my waistline.

Today was a retail therapy day.  Not sure how therapeutic it really was.  Dressing room lighting and 3 way mirrors are not my friend!  Apparently someone tried on every pair of pants that I tried on right ahead of me and got their cellulite all over them.  That is the only reasonable explanation of how it ended up all over my legs.  Yuck.  It's time to invest in an elliptical machine ASAP!!!

I got to see my little 9 month old buddy M. today.  Love that kid.  I can't help but smile when he's around.  I love that he grins great big when he sees me and crawls right over to say hi.  He pulled himself up on me and it happened.  I heard hope whisper in my ear.  Whew, thank goodness.

Dr S. is opening his fertility practice in November and I will be one of his first patients.  Hopefully we are a go for an IUI.  He was going to do one for us a couple of months ago, but the timing was not right and we would have had to run all over town to get things done.  Now it will be one stop shopping.  I feel like this is the right way to go.  He needs this practice to be a success.  He's mortgaged his house on it.  So Jim and I decided what better time to get in with his practice.  He will be highly motivated for us to have a successful pregnancy.  I'm looking forward to it and it absolutely softens the blow of taking a month off.
|
This entry was posted on 5:20 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On October 11, 2009 at 9:09 AM , The Swann's said...

I followed your lead... Didn't take the Femara. :-) But at least Mr C and I are in the same country!!! haha!

I do believe with the new news that Dr S will be doing IUI at his clinic here.........I will put in another call! :-) So exciting that this will be your next step!

BTW- do you know exactly where it is??

 
On October 11, 2009 at 11:22 AM , Anonymous said...

I don't know exactly where, but it is in St. Peters. I've seen a picture of the building and it looks like the buildings by Barnes Hospital off of Mexico.

That's so funny that you didn't take the Femara! We must have just been destined to run into each other.

T